This is a fast, simple lunch or even snack. You can use basically anything you have in your fridge to stuff the avocado and you can top it off with any sauces you have handy if desired. That is why this treat is so good…there are no rules and it never goes wrong. I threw this together in less than 10 minutes and used whatever I could find in my fridge. What more can a girl ask for?
This is what I used:
1 Small Tomato
1 Small Red Onion
Handful of Kale
Handful of Mushrooms
Half of a Yellow Bell Pepper
Handful of Broccoli
1 cup Rice
1. Cook rice by following the directions on the bag.
2. Sautee the onion and mushrooms in olive oil. Add broccoli, kale, and pepper and leave for a about 3-5 minutes.
3. Slice avocado in half and remove the pit.
4. Spoon 1 tablespoon of hummus into avocado, followed by rice and top with veggie mixture.
5. Serve with tomato and enjoy.