It is prom season! Can you believe it! Prom was always such an exciting time of year and I have some pretty fond memories (well, and some bad…) of prom. I got to go to prom 3 times, so I am here to share some prom makeup inspo for all of you lucky ladies headed of to prom! I also made sure to use really affordable products, so this look wont break the bank! Check out the video!
Don’t worry ladies, you will look stunning, so relax and have a fantastic time!
I figured it was high time that I shared with you some facts about myself. I have been putting posts up for a while now and I’m sure you are thinking “who is this person?” so let me tell ‘ya a little bit about me, myself and I.
- I am a duel citizen of the US and the UK. I was raised in the US, but moved to the UK for a post grad degree and never left. So while I have spent a couple of summers in the US with my parents, I call the UK (Edinburgh) home.
- I am afraid of birds. I was once on a holiday in Mexico with my mom and a bird got a bit to close to me and my food, and I started crying. My mom proceeded to take a picture because it was so pathetic…..and here it is…
- I am horrible with nail polish. I don’t know what it is, but I just cant keep on top of it and always have super chipped nails. It doesn’t look classy, I can tell you that much.
- I am a certified cheerleading coach. I’m not talking the kind you see on TV at a football game waving pom poms around. I’m talking competitive cheerleading, throwing people in the air whilst jumping, flipping, and kicking away. Sadly, I cant do the flipping, but everything else, boom, toe touch!
- I am constantly humming. I love to sing and find it difficult to stop, so I have noticed that I find myself humming while walking down the street, shopping, eating, working, literally always.
- I am obsessed with makeup, but none of my friends are. Most of my friends are of the male persuasion and even the few girl friends I have just aren’t as bothered about makeup as I am. This is why I started my blog and YouTube channel because I need beauty obsessed friends! Be friends with me!!!
- I am quite shy. When I was little I wouldn’t even like people looking at me. Now I am a lot better but sometimes the thought of having to interact with people is quite daunting.
- I am a disgraceful speller. I cannot spell to save my life. And I’m talking, basic words. I’m sure you have noticed in some of my posts. I have the worst spelling imaginable. Sometimes I avoid using certain words and dumb down how I am typing so I can spell everything right.
- I love Carrie Underwood. I love her music. She is gorgeous. She seems so down to earth. What’s not to love? I did a CU makeup tutorial last summer!
- I adore going to West End shows. There is something so magical about them and I love every second of going to the theater. I love it so much that I feel sad when I leave because I know its over. I am also insanely jealous of everyone who gets to be in any kind of musical.
- I live to travel. I have a huge list of places I want to visit and I constantly have itching feet telling me to go somewhere new. You can check out a preview of that list here.
- I am plant based. I went vegan in 2013 and have stuck to that as best as I can since. I prefer to call myself plant based though, because I am only strict with this about what I eat, not so much with the rest of my lifestyle.
- If I could do anything, I would be a professional dancer. Not that kind, geez! I mean like a backup dancer, dancers for Broadway, you know, the kind that you see in big productions. That is what I want to be. I danced for years and years and would love nothing more than to get back into it and make it my life.
- I only like to watch happy movies. Seriously, I cant handle sad movies. I feel depressed for weeks afterwards, so I try to stay away from them. Rom-Coms and cheesy flicks are the way to go. I think The Proposal is my favourite.
- I have anxiety. I know a lot of people do, and I am adding my name to the list!
- Nature makes me happy. I find so much peace in nature and looking at untouched landscapes. I just love it. Even thinking about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This is why many of my insta posts are of natural landscapes. I love traveling the world in search of breathtaking scenery.
- My celebrity crushes are: totally based on looks since I have no idea what they are actually like. It’s more about the personality for me, but if we are talking about who I think is good looking.. Liam Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Channing Tatum, Zayn, all the usual culprits.
- I like to read. I download books to my iPad like there is no tomorrow. I get really into the books I’m reading, almost to the point of it being weird. I love sitting down with a tea, getting all cozied up and reading all day.
- I’m a sports gal. Not so much watching, but I love playing. Pretty much any sport, but volleyball is my favourite. I have always been on sports teams. Basketball, volleyball, cross country, track and field, dance, cheer, I love them all.
- I am strangely good with directions. I have no idea how. I’m not good with street names and that sort of thing, but if I’ve been somewhere once, chances are I can get there again. It’s like following a mental picture based on land marks and knowing I have been there before and picturing where I am going in relation to where I am.
So, do you feel like you know me yet? haha. It is strangely difficult to come up with random facts about yourself. Try it! Leave one of them in the comments below too so I can see 🙂
Until next time,